Monday, December 3, 2007

An Update

So an update on my grandma.... after 7 pints of blood they finally did the scope and found a bleeding ulcer near the top of her small intestine. Prayers answered, it had stopped bleeding by the time they got to it. After starting a treatment plan she is doing so much better. They will hopefully send her home sometime today. YAY!!!

Okay, I have a new tv addiction, okay well it started last season but I am addicted to Praject Runway. It is so much fun! I have never really been a tv person... I love movies... but I do try and watch all of the CSI las Vegas and Project Runway. I think I like it because in a sense, I work with people like them all the time. I work with costume designers all the time. Its fun!!! I love to watch all of the ideas become reality. It goes from a sketch on a piece of paper to an actual outfit on a runway. Everyones ideas are so different and I love it!!!

I ordered a few books last week and was super excited to get them but I am mad at myself because I read them way too fast! Now I have to wait for the next book I ordered to come. I just read Twilight, a book that my friend Emily really enjoyed. It was SO good. Definetly lived up to all the hype. Another series I am reading is the Barrington Family Saga. If any of you enjoy reading LDS historical fiction I recommend anything written by Anita Stansfield. She has several different series, her newest being the Barrington Family Saga. Its about a family who comes from England to Iowa and joins the church, but because of mobs and hatred of the mormons, they worship privatly. They have friends that move to Nauvoo and they watch from afar as the saints are driven from Nauvoo to Winter Quarters, then make the trip to the Salt Lake Valley. It is a very very good series, I always am anxiously waiting for the next book to come out!

4 comments:

Emily Judd said...

I am so glad that your grandma is okay! AND I am SO glad that you read Twilight. Wasn't it the best best best?!?!? (sigh) Edward.

Tasha Coltrin said...

Ok so I loved Twilight and the other two that are after that. I can't wait for the other ones to come out. Also I love Anita Stansfield. I haven't read her new ones. I need to. What did you think of them compared to the other ones she has written?

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear your grandma is doing better!

Love,
Shelley

Matt and Monae Curtis said...

Tasha and Emily, I know... I can't believe I had never heard of these books until you wrote about them Emily!
Tasha, I like everything that she writes, especially the historical fiction. Some of the modern day stuff can be a bit cheesy but I like them anyway! My fav ones are the Gable faces east and Gables against the sky and the ones she wrote just after those about the immediate family. I also like the Gables of Legacy series a lot more than some of the other modern day set ones. The Barrington Family Saga series definetly is worth reading because it is sooo different being set in England and then the States when the church was being established. But yeah, I will read anything she writes.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my grandma! It was scary but our prayers were answered!!

~Monae~