Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I am so sad its over!!

Christmas was beautiful as usual. Christmas eve we got together at my parents house with my grandparents, sisters, and our friends Katie and Mark Anthony and had a smorgasbord of party food, things like little smokies, cheese fondue, meat and cheese, etc.... Afterwards we read the story in Luke then watched the Chronicles of Narnia... it was the only thing everyone would agree on. :) I had everyone open the gifts from us that night. I made both my sisters quilts and my parents and grandparents both got wall hangings I made from family pictures. I only have a picture of the one I made for my inlaws but it is similar to the ones I made for mom and gram. I will say that I was extremely proud of myself because the one in the picture is DANG cute, I was almost sad to give it away!! Across the top reads "All Hearts Come Home for Christmas." Very fitting for Matts parents that live in Denver.
As mush as I had hoped for a white christmas, it didn't happen. We had snow on the 24th and the 26th..... figures. It was a sunny 40 degree day!Christmas day was so great! Matt and I were able, for the first time, to wake up in our own bed and sit in front of our own tree while opening gifts, and then stay at home and prepare Christmas dinner. We made Ham, Roast beef, sweet potatoes, twice paked potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, salad and rolls. YUM! Oh, and we had orange rolls for breakfast, family tradition!! We have the best dough recipe for rolls, cinnamon and orange rolls etc... We did pretty well for ourselves this year, we spoil each other... we got a Tom Tom GPS, a Singer Serger (yay) a new set of non stick pots and pans, an ipod docking station, a few games, movies and calendars.... we have been so blessed.

This month went by way too fast! I am so greatful that we were able to slow down a bit this last week and just enjoy family time and the spirit of the holidays. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and heres to a happy and healthy new year!!!

0 comments: