Saturday, December 29, 2007

MOMENT #5


The last post brings very bittersweet emotions. Nearly every summer for my entire life my family would drive up to the Sawtooth Mountains and spend at least a week at some cabins owned by family for nearly 40 years. Our family had a lot of our happiest times together while staying there as did my mom when she was growing up. This year it was decided that they would be sold. Honestly, it was like a death in the family. It was horrible, but life goes on. I took the attitude that just because the cabins were sold isn't going to stop me from taking my famiy up there to enjoy nature the way that I did. Every time we drive by, it will be hard to not get upset, but it isn't going to stop me from doing it!! The picture above is from one of the three cabins and the mountain is named Abes Chair. My sisters and I hiked to the very tippy top about 5 years ago. We are doing it again this year!!!

0 comments: