Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Nutcracker


I have been meaning to write for a few days now, but just barely found the time. We survived The Nutcracker! I was on wardrobe for the duration, dressing all of the little kids in their cute little costumes. I took a few pictured on my phone so if they aren't very clear, I apologize.One of the reasons I am not sure I ever want my children in Ballet is because so many of these kids are from well off homes and are SO snooty. We had a group of kids about 10 and 11 years old that were down right RUDE to their chaperones and completly ignored any of the kids that weren't apart of their fancy academy. And some of the parents, well that is another story. Parent aren't allowed part the check in gate we have and we have designated chaperones for each group of kids. Everything is very organized backstage... well one year when a parent wasn't allowed to accompany their chilod to the dressing room, he went off and called the cops and tried to charge us with kidnapping.... hahaha!!
So also this week, on monday, Danielle was released from juvenile detention. So far so good. She wanted to go back to high school but the first day she had a breakdown... so we talked her into getting her GED. Then her PO told her she had no other option. :) I hope this time she has learned enough to be able to find herself again. She gets a brand new start and I only can pray that she makes the best of it.

0 comments: