Saturday, September 6, 2008

Seattle... Any Ideas??

Next weekend we are spending a few days in Seattle. Aside from the Space Needle and Pikes Place, I would LOVE any ideas of things to do. We are also going to be with our two nephews and niece so kiddo ideas would be great as well. I haven't been there since high school and that was a choir trip... I don't feel like I got the entire "Seattle Experience" by going to the Seattle Center and the Space Needle for a few hours one night.


The purpose of this trip is to support my brother in law Adam (Matts bro) who is participating in the Susan G. Komen 3 day, 60 mile walk/run/crawl (LOL) for the cure. I would have given anything to be walking along side him. I am really bummed that we can't... stupid insurance companies... At any rate, we are hangin out with his wife, my awesome sister in law Sally who is post op, still receiving treatment... and getting to spend time with her awesome kids. One thing about living so far away from each other is not being able to go to dance recitals, soccer games etc, and it makes me so sad that I have to miss out on that much of their lives, and I don't forsee them putting in for a transfer to Mountain Home Air Force Base any time soon... hahaha, not quite sure why anyone would actually.

I have been very blessed to have them in my lives. Sally is such a strong, absolutely amazing woman who has maintained such a positive attitude during this entire battle. If I become half the woman she is I will consider myself blessed. Adam, who is a major in the Air Force, has been such the example of a wonderful, supportive husband. I know without a shadow of doubt that if he could have taken the treatments for her, and fought this cancer himself, he would. I love you guys SOOOOO much!!!! You have been such a wonderful example to Matt and I.
Have you seem cuter kids???


Adam, Sally and the kids at Disneyland last fall.

Sally!!!! Isn't she beautiful! :)

1 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Alki Beach (Seattle), Salt Water St. Park or Des Moines beach park(both a little south of Seattle in Des Moines, check the tides and go at low tide, bring buckets, move every rock you find for little baby crabs, hermit crabs and sand dollars (the sand dollars are at dash point st. park in Federal Way) - look out for the bigger ones they pinch but the little ones are just cute and fun!!!) Those are our three favorite parks along Puget Sound. The reptile zoo is in Monroe wa, any of the ferry rides are great, we've only been on the ride to Bainbridge which was beautiful - it's a good walk though if you don't bring your car.

If I think of more I will let you know, we are in Kent (south of Seattle) but I am guessing you will be pretty busy with your family - so have a blast!!!