Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day #2


I couldn't have spent my birthday any better. We started the morning by going to Pike Street Market for breakfast. Doughnuts as big as our heads. Not a great breakfast, right? Well, it was my birthday, I can eat what I want! :) We thoroughly enjoyed every bit of that market place, I would give anything to have something like that closer to us. We are putting Seattle on our list of places I wouldn't mind living in if the right opportunity comes along. Many of you have seen Pikes so I will for go those pictures now for the ones I feel are more important. I will post the rest later.


After the market we headed to the first cheer station of the day. Sadly, Sallys sister Kristie (sister in laws sister.... say that five times fast) tore her Achilles tendon in her right foot and had to be transported to a hospital. After we had lunch with Adam and Audrey we headed to the hospital to get Kristie. What a trouper! Injured foot and all she insisted we stop at the next cheer station... and then the next pit stop. She was determined to make sure her team made it back to camp. Being at these cheer stations never fails to blow me away. The love and support each of these walkers receive literally brings me to tears. There is not a second that goes by that I don't wish I was right there walking with Adam. Bring on the blisters! If Sally, and the women in my family can fight this horrible disease, I can walk 60 miles for them. I am so proud of all of these walkers. I will post more pictures of several other groups we have had the opportunity to cheer on. There are some pretty creative team names out there.

Here are some numbers for you. Each participant has to raise 2200 dollars in order to participate in this walk. There are between 12 and 15 walks per year in different cities in the US. Seattle alone had 4700 participants. Do the math on that one.

Cheer Station #2


Cheering Adam and Audrey into camp!!!!


This isn't even one half of one third of the tents.... crazy!!!


At any rate, we drove Kristie back to camp and waited for Adam and Audrey to meet us there. This place was awesome. Imagine 2500 PINK tents all over a park the size of Ann Morrison Park (for those familiar with Boise) Along with several large white tents for food, vendors and other amenities. Its seriously a sea of pink. I have a lot more pictures but I am way too tired to post all of them. Poor Audrey has been fighting two blisters on her feet since halfway through the first day. Poor girl, shes tough though!!!




End of Day 2 guys! Only 20 miles left! I Love You!!!

0 comments: