Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Miss....

I've been sick with a migraine the past couple days and therefore feeling a bit sorry for myself. I have been reflecting on how drastically my life have changed in the past year... and I think it has just hit me how much I miss certain things that used to be a bigger part of my life. Some are still there and will never change to a certain degree, and some are gone, not all by choice.

The biggest thing I miss is my sisters. Shiara and Chante are way too far away. I am grateful that they are happy, but it doesn't make my heart hurt any less when I really, really miss them a lot... like today.
Shiara and I have shared a bond since she was born. Sometimes it wasn't as strong but it has always been there. We were ALWAYS close, and now we have an ocean in between us!!!!

Makayla isn't far but is such a busy little bee that seeing her is next to immpossible... and Danielle is doing what it takes to improve herself, and that... I am SO grateful for!!

I was 12 when Makayla was born so in a sense I feel like I raised her a bit. We have had a very different relationship in comparison to the other girls. I feel responsible for her. Is that weird?




I miss my lifelong friends. Even though I know we still all care about each other... life has a funny way of pulling you apart a bit.

I am so thankful for each and every one of these people, and the gift of love and friendship each has given me.

I could not have not made it through many a day without my Doug a Bug.... I love you!!! He has been there for me countless times and I consider him my brother.... from another mother..... hahahaha ( Steve-O is included in this, although I couldn't find a picture of you on this computer much to my dismay)

Yes, that is the California boy sporting a Capital High t-shirt.... Go Eagles!


Both Matt and I miss the comraderie we once had here.... when locals supported locals.


And I will always miss......


1 comments:

The Lindquists said...

This post made me get teary-eyed! Especially the pic of the 5 of us in 2001!