Sunday, December 21, 2008

A vent and a smile

So a few people have asked me if I got a hound dog because we have friends and or family with Basset hounds. The answer is a resounding NO. First of all my dog is a completly different dog... a completly different hound... not even in the same ballpark. Second of all, aside from a husky, these dogs were the only other big dogs I have ever wanted, as long as I can remember. Ever since I read "Where the Red Fern Grows." So if you want to blame us getting this particular kind of dog on anything... blame it on that.

I just have a quick question for all of you who have known me for any amount of time. As long as you have known me, aside from the first day of school and the doctors office of course, have I EVER gone by my first name which is Laura? I love my first name, I really do, but I have NEVER, EVER been called by it. Why start now, you know? My reason for asking is some family members have recently started addressing my by Laura even though they have always used Monae. Really?? I am just trying to understand the reasoning behind it without assuming.

Without further ado.... the puppies!


2 comments:

Becca said...

Monae- I have no clue why someone would suddenly start calling you by your first name. I understand your love of your first name but you have always been and will always be...Monae. I guess it is one of those things you have to smile through and politely explain you go by Monae...even though they already know that.

Christine said...

Are you serious?? I've known you since you were like 10, and I never knew Monae wasn't your first name. :)

And CUTE puppies!!