Monday, December 8, 2008

Memorable Monday

This has always been one of my favorite pictures. It resides on my mantle for many reasons. It reminds me that I come from a family of HARD workers. This is my great granddad Marion Jefferson Slade, otherwise known as Bill. He was married to Laura. I don't have a lot of time to write a ton of background on him right now but I will finish that later.
I am very grateful to have met, and spent a lot of time with this amazing man. When I was really young he would come to Boise to visit for a week or so at a time. We would always drive up to the mountains... and he would always try and buy a new pair of cowboy boots. He was the last of a dying breed. A true cowboy. When he was young he made money riding broncs in rodeos.
In his last years when he got sick with cancer he lived here in Idaho where his 3 daughters and families lived. Because of that we were able to become closer to him before he died.

0 comments: