Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am humbled...


We had Greg Mortenson, the author of Three Cups of Tea, at the center the other night. Honestly, I think I was more star struck and humbled by meeting this guy than I have been with anyone else. He has accomplished SO much for being such an ordinary guy. He has sacrificed his life to improve the lives of others. He even had death threats from Americans after 9/11 because he was helping Muslim children. While he was an incredible speaker, I think he is more comfortable out doing what he does best... what every person strives to do with their life by being an
ordinary man accomplishing extraordinary things.

I challenge all of you to read Three Cups of Tea: One Mans Mission to Promote Peace One School at a Time


1 comments:

Christine said...

I just got the book this morning, and look forward to reading it! I've heard amazing things about this guy... wish I could have heard him speak!