Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Check one off of the Bucket List

Thats right, I got to check off one of the items off of my "Things to Do Before I Die" list. I met my favorite singer/songwriters, the amazingly talented
Michael McLean



His show "The Forgotten Carols"came to the Morrison Center this past week. We have been waiting for it for what seems like forever! (a few years anyway) The set was gorgeous, he was fabulous and super nice as was his wife.

My aunt and uncle have been friends with Michael and his wife since college and I just about died when I was playing her piano one day and she casually tells me that Mr. McLean has played it too. So needless to say I was so excited to listen to him sing live, and watch him play songs that I have listened to over and over and over. I hadn't seen his show in about 15 years and Matt had never seen it so I was excited to have an up close front row-ish :) seat (I stage managed the show)....

I was in heaven!!

Matt was VERY moved by his show. Him being a new member it is awesome to watch how things that are "old" to me but new to him excite him. It gives me a new found appreciation for things I think I had taken for granted.

All of these pictures are pretty horrible... they were taken from behind glass in the light booth but they are what we have.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I didn't know Matt was a new member. When did he join the church? Marty joined when he was 21. :)

Becca said...

I bet it was amazing. Thanks for trying for us by the way. I bet it was really great to experience that with Matt. I know it is fun to see Mike enjoying those types of things for the first time.