Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hooked on Fishin'


Dork moment of the week. So I went to Fred Meyers with our roomate and they are having their big clearance sale. So of course I head to the back with all their home stuff and sporting goods. Ha..... I found a pair of waders in my size for 8 dollars!! WOO HOO!!! I am way excited. And to go along with it I got the Hooked on Fishin' sign. Makes me laugh!!
I have some things I need to get off of my chest and we both need to vent. Lately there have been some people trying to belittle us in many ways. Our job with not for profits in little Boise Idaho isn't a real job, we don't live in nice enough house, yada yada yada.... we prefer going camping to expensive vacations and if we had money we would change our minds about everything. Well, I have lived with money, and I have lived with way less than we have now. We have nothing we need to prove to you... We love each other and we love our jobs and the people we work with, they are family. We enjoy working for the art and the appreciation of theater, not just for the paycheck that comes with it. The one thing that let us be who we really are, lets us get rid of all the pettiness that surrounds us, is being in nature. If we had money, the only thing that would change is that we would buy the land we camp on, and put our tent right in the middle of it!!!!!!!!!!! If fancy jobs, destination vacations,and having fancy houses and cars is what it takes to make you happy, we feel incredibly sorry for you... We really sincerely do. We would not trade our life for yours any day.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Just catching up on what's been going on with you guys and YOU ARE SO BUSY! But I think it's wonderful that you are doing something that you love. You're doing it for the right reasons. You're awesome!