Saturday, January 26, 2008

Welcome to my world!


As previously poster, I am sitting at work bored out of my mind... so I thought I would take some pictures for a little insight into what we do, where we work. This is a view of the light board... mostly Matts home away from home but occasionally I take the helm. Like today for example. It consists of a big processor to the left which you cant see, two monitors on either side and of course, the board. We have complete control of every single light that is plugged into a dimmer. Its pretty awesome. Today is rather dull, there isn't much you can do that will make the Philharmonic look any prettier.... In the background you can see the shell unit that they perform in front of. It looks prett from far away, but let me tell you.... it is a pain. It is made up of ten rolling units the highest being 33 ish feet. The roof is 2 peices on a motor that comes all the way down to deck, gets folded up when we are done and sent as high as it can go out of sight and thats where it is storedEveryone aside from the security people are on head sets. This is my "excited to be here at 7am" face, while talking to the Stage Manager Tony. During the phil head sets don't really serve a purpose other than to keep us talking to each other... and not falling asleep but normally headsets are to call cues from the backstage to the light console, sound board, spot lights etc... basically runing the show.All of that aside, the one thing I love is walking out of the light booth or spot bay and seeing the view we have. The whole front side of our building is windows and they face the Boise river. We had some failry decent snow fall on us the other day so its beautiful!!! You can see on the botton in the river there were a bunch of geese just chillin in the frigid water.... so pretty!!!

1 comments:

BarbaraB said...

Hi, Monae and Matt,
Love keeping up with your lives via your blog, esp. for an old troglodyte like me! Of course, it's obvious you both work too hard, but I'm always amazed at everything else you do -- love the quilts and can't wait to try the recipe (ate gnocchi for dinner today on a date w/Scott at a very good Italian place. Did you know that quilt patterns have names? I can't remember what yours are but could look it up if you want. Anyhow, we are all well here and doing great -- a ton of snow and more on the way! Hey, I've been worried about Mike & Stefanie -- every phone # I have for them doesn't work and I haven't heard from them in a while. Could you get us connected somehow? Love to you both -- here's what I'm smiling about recently -- our 3 yr old granddaughter (who is sooo a princess!) loves her version of the Disney movie(s) -- "Sleeping Booty and the Beat." Keep laughing -- love always, Aunt Barbara