Friday, January 18, 2008

Tap and Irish Step dancing are NOT the same!

It seems like its been FOREVER since I last blogged! Not a lot has happened, just a lot of work! After the first of the year we went back to work doing a lot of maintenance things gearing up for an inspection of our rigging systems, totally boring to you I am sure but that was the hardest day ever!!!Anyway, our first big show Riverdance, this year came on this past Monday. I was so excited to work with costumes on deck so that I could see most of it until the completely boxed in the stage so that I couldn't see a thing!!! It was SOOO maddening!! I did sneak out to the audience every night to watch a number or two. And argued with on of our security guys that claimed Tap and Irish step dancing were the same.... Silly... Thats like saying clogging and Tap are the same. The costumes were fun but definitely designed circa 1995. I dressed the lead girl "Countess Cathleen". The first night the lead was a girl named Alana and she was SOO cute! The last 2 nights I had a girl named Zara who was super good but really self important. HAHAHA!!! I wonder what it is like to feel that way? At any rate, here is a picture of Miss Zara.
Right now I am working George Carlin. Hes a comedian, kind of a dirty old man type. Not too interested in hearing him, hence the blog update. On Monday we start building the set for the next Opera Idaho production, Elixer of Love. Its going to be a circus!!! Just a side note, after our dog got put in the trash can, she hasn't touched the garbage at all!!!!!

1 comments:

Emily Judd said...

honestly, you have the coolest job!