Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another rewarding week

Wow, what a week. I survived stage managing Wynonna Judd. Very good show, man that woman puts glitter in her hair!! It was all over the stage!! She had a great crew. Very nice entertaining group of guys. After Wynonna we had the comedians from the Bob and Tom show. Those type of thows I generally read a book during performances. Most of their sets are done in very poor taste, that is my opinion anyway. Next up, Niel Young. Don't really know who they guy is but he sold out in about an hour, and he has insane security. We have to put a fence up around the entire building, 24 hour on call K9 unit yadayadayada.... does he realize he is in Boise????? Whatev....

The Boise Contemporary Theatre show we have been working on finally opened. Matt and I went to the preview performance on Friday. I was very impressed! It is called Brilliant Traces, a 2 man show. I wasn't ever fond of one of them previously but I was blown away. There are a few distracting light cues; some of which normal patrons will probably never notice; and the 2 snow machines we bought weren't utilized as much as I would have liked but the set was gorgeous. The designer out did himself this time. YAY!! Another good show under our belt. Its awesome to be able to see a show from the very beginnings all the way through to Opening night. I love my job!

I do have to say, the one thing I love about fall is the changing colors of the trees. Its so beautiful in Boise right now. Our poor sad little tree that we planted this year is turning red! I can't wait for it to get big. Every day we drive down Federal wy and down Capital Blvd and get to enjoy the view of nearly the entire valley. My workplace is right up against the river so I am able to walk by that everyday. I guess its another one of those little blessings you don't take advantage of or thank God for nearly enough.

2 comments:

Emily Judd said...

wow! It sounds like you have an AWESOME job!!!

Emily Judd said...

monae I just tagged you on my blog!