Tuesday, October 23, 2007

There is no I in team

Okay, so its been a bit, and I apologize. We had Niel Young in last week. Let me tell you, it was an adventure. Have you ever had too many chefs in the kitchen? Imagine having about 30 of those on a crew and tring to get something done. We had a full day of set up, then the next day was another day of setting up (don't know why... I sat on my butt for hours on end...) sound check and then the actual performance. I have NEVER worked on a more disorganized show. By showtime we still had absolutly NO idea what the heck any of us local crew were doing. Their stage manager (we lovingly reffered to him as Mr. Chemical peel face), who is supposed to call cues over head set never called a cue. When it was over one of their guys made the comment that it was going to take 6 and a half hours to load out.... mind you, we started at 11pm... and then were SHOCKED when we had them off of the deck and out of the building in less than 3 hours. Go team!! If they learned nothing else from Boise... it is that working as a team, meaning with each other, not against each other, gets things done easier and faster... what a consept!!After all was said and done, they dripped paint all over our stained wood deck, ruined 2 of our quick change booth curtains and splattered paint on our grand drape. Not so happy but hey, I got 40 hours in 2 and a half days. On a good note, we got to work with a Tony award winning lighting designer. She was great!

As for the weekend, we spent it sleeping, watching movies, making halloween sugar cookies and doing some retail thereapy. We bought a down filled mattress pad and a down comforter and I FINALLY got a new sewing machine!!! YAY!!!!! Yesterday we went to a work Halloween party. Completly spaced it until a few hours before so we ran to my friends costume shop and pulled stuff together. I don't think we did half bad!
I should probably get beck to work... I am sitting at the stage managers desk during a high school choir rehearsal.... thing. Ahh... brings back a lot of not so fond memories. Loves to all!!!!!!

0 comments: