Sunday, October 7, 2007

I have been blessed


Let me tell you, I have never been so excited for conference sunday. After the busy week we had I was very ready to sit in my pajamas and listen to the words of the prophet and be spiritually fed. I do have to say that Henry B. Eyring is my fav!! The Opera ended on a very good note, it was beautiful and got great reviews. I LOVED the ladies I dressed. It is rare when I actually really enjoy dressing principals, let alone Opera principals. I had so much fun and got flowers from one of my ladies. I promise, I will add pictures soon! Next shows, Wynonna Judd, Bob and Tom Comedians, and the opening of Niel Youngs tour. Everyday is a new adventure!!

With that said, I feel incredibly blessed right now. I am proud to be a member of the Church, and have the priesthood in my home and to know that my husband and I can be together forever. Life for my family has not been much of a joyride these past couple years. My husband ran into some pretty severe health problems that has inevitably delayed our starting a family because of medication. Through many prayers and priesthood blessings he is almost 100% normal and *fingers crossed* will be off all of the medication in the next month. Yay!!! This experience has tried our faith and made it all that much stronger.

One of my sisters is going through a rough patch at the moment too, many of her decisions have been made in very poor taste and inevitably has affected the entire family. She has been in and out of juvenile detention. I don't think I have ever been so upset as I was when I knew that her being in there is a better thing for both her and my parents. It is incredibly hard to justify not going and saving her. She can't be saved unless she wants to save herself, and I can't make her decisions for her. All we can do is pray she realizes we love her, because right now she doesn't, and it is hard. That is the worst part for everybody... to not feel like we have abandonded all hope in her. All of it has taken a huge toll on my mom.... watching my best suffer breaks my heart, and all I can do is be there for her, and hide the fact that I am just as torn up inside, I have to be strong for her. Its times like these that I am glad I have the knowledge and the faith I do. I am glad to know I can put things into the Lords hands. As long as we are faithful and continue to but our trust in Him, we are going to be okay.

I have been very blessed in the sense that I have an incredible support system. I have without a doubt, the most wonderful family in the world. In addition to my family I have loving and understanding friends who have been there for us through thick and thin. To any of you reading this, I love each and everyone of you very much and I am very thinkful you are in my life!

1 comments:

Tasha Coltrin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the trials in your life. If there is anything I can do let me know. It is crazy to think that the trials in our lives make us realized how blessed we really are and make us that much stonger. Thanks for sharing this you have touched my heart!!!