Sunday, July 27, 2008

Just Because...

I have loved this poem from the moment I read it back in high school. It was written into a song that I sang in one of the many choirs I was in. I just found it again and wanted to put it somewhere I would be able to find it again so here you are.....



Inscription from Cellar Wall from WWII

This is an inscription on cellar walls from WW2 in the concentration camp Cologne in Germany.

I believe in the sun
even when it is not shining
And I believe in love,
even when there's no one there.
And I belive in God,
even when he is silent,
I believe through any trial,
there is always a way
But sometimes in this suff'ring
and hopeless despair
- My heart cries for shelter,
to know someone's there
But a voice rises within me, saying hold on
my child, I'll give you strength,
I'll give you hope. Just stay a little while
I believe in the sun
even when it is not shining
And I believe in love
even when there's no one there
But I believe in God
even when he is silent
I believe through any trial
there is always a way.
May there someday be sunshine
May there someday be happiness
May there someday be love
May there someday be peace....

-Unknown

0 comments: