Thursday, November 8, 2007

Always look on the bright side of life

What a day... we FINALLY finished our second bathroom/laundry room. We had everything done but a bit of spackling(sp) in th shower, all the base boards and the final coat of paint. The paint we got was more grayish when we picked it out, but it turned more blue as it dried on the walls. It actually looks really good. Now that we have that bathroom finished we can start on the master bath. As I said earlier, we have had everything FOREVER, except for time. We will see how that goes. The drain is going out in my bathtub and that may be a problem. We don't take baths often but when we do we prefer the water to stay in the tub, ya know?? Its gonna be a toss up between our bedroom and the bathroom as to which one gets done first. I am not entirely happy with either so it doesn't really matter which comes first. Our bedroom is just dull and not very organized and the only thing I like about it is the bed...lol. Oh well, we got a project crossed off of our list all the while listening to the Spamalot soundtrack hence.... "Always look on the bright side of life"

I finally got my entire house swept mopped and vacuumed today today as well. That was well overdue, I am actually kind of embarrassed about it. Anyway, my house is clean and I am in a much calmer mood. We made yummy chicken tacos and wathed CSI/Without a Trace with Katie and made sugar cookies with pink frosting. MMmmm. Now we are watching Meet the Robinsons. Cute Movie.

We just got an email from my brother and sister in law in Colorado Springs. My sister in law Sally had her masectomy and everything went really well. *huge sigh* She starts radiation in December. I really wish we were able to spend more time with them and actually be helpful beyond prayers in their situation. Also, my mom is getting ready to have surgery this month and has been felling a lot better than usual today so I don't have to worry about either of them tonight.

It is such a good feeling when you know everyone is doing well. Loves to all.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Monae! Your blog looks so good! It's so funny how a clean house is so calming - probably because it's so exhausting to get everything clean! LOL But glad you're doing well.