Friday, October 10, 2008

Frustrations...

Why do some people have to thrive off of drama. When things start returning to normal, the game starts running smoothly, somebody has to throw in a personal foul. (can you tell I've been paying attention to football lately?) Its frustrating to watch the personal foul, and the hurt and anger and sometimes utter shock, that comes with it. You want this dramatic person to know that they can't treat people that way and that treating people like that isn't going to get you anywhere positive in life.

I know that this person does it for attention sometimes, and that by doing it, in some sick way they feel better about themselves, but how long can they continue hurting people to make themselves happy... how long will it continue until there is no one left to hurt, they have all shut you out of their lives?

In thinking about and dealing with this person I have gone through many, many emotions. I have been furious, angry, irritated, hurt, betrayed, used, sorrowful... I have had punches thrown at me and many things stolen from my family and I and when it comes down to it, I feel bad for them. I get really frustrated when I realize that this is something I am going to have to live with my entire life. This person probably is never going to change as much as we have all prayed for it. All I can do right now is not allow this person into certain aspects of my life until trust is once again acuired.

So my big question is....

How do we retain the Christ like attributes that we have taken so long to attain, specifically, how do I express my unconditional love for this person when everything she is doing now is directly hurting someone else, myself included? How do I teach this person that their behavior is unnacceptable and won't be tolerated anymore in a Christlike way? How do you make them think about what they have done in a non-judgemental way? I feel like this has been a never ending cycle, a broken record kind of thing.

Sorry for the vent. I needed to write out my thoughts. Although if you have advice, I will gladly accept it.

0 comments: