Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Is it vacation time yet....

Its been a hectic couple of weeks and I apologize for the delay in posting. After my in laws left Boise I was fortunate enough to have some other family and some friends in town. It was nice to be able to find time to see people, although I was rather upset that I didn't get to see Shelley, Mikah and Kasen. We had STOMP at the center for 3 days and then we helped some family move and had a friends daughters high school graduation, and we just couldn't make out schedules work... poopy, I know! I did however get to see one of my best friends, Jared for a couple of hours. He lives in New Jersey now and I Never get to see him and we are both horrible at staying in touch. I have very few friends from back in high school and jr. high that I am still close to and Jared is one of them. We didn't do much but hang out and play Rockband for a few hours but it was good just to be together. I am very blessed to have such good friends still in my life.

The very talented, better than Elton John, budding new drummer, Jared.


Goofing off while playing. We don't play video games EVEr, but when we do, we like to have fun :)
Speaking of work, like I mentioned earlier we had the show STOMP. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. I actually was able to watch from the audience one show. Oh my gosh do these guys have energy! It is literally non stop craziness for almost 2 hours. The only thing that bugged me is I was watching their feet, and they were wearing boots but the sound coming out was most definatly tapping. It really bugged me because I knew that they didn't have taps on their boots.... so I snuck backstage and sure enough..... there was a tapper in the wings on both sides of stage.... I don't know how I feel about that. After that I kind of lost interest. its kind of like watching Riverdance or whatever with recorded tapping sounds that obviously doesn't match their feet. Grrr, argg...... Anyway, it was still a fun show with an awesome crew and cast. They were really nice just to have around. Anywho... go see it anyway. Here is a picture of the set while we were loading in.... or setting up.

0 comments: