Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Another CRAZY Week

Its been far too long since we've gotten around to updating this thing. We do have a good excuse though, I promise. As soon as we got rid of the ballet, we built Singin in the Rain for Boise Music Week. What an adventure, let me tell you. It is quite the challenge to try and successfully make it rain onstage without ruining the beautiful maple deck. But, we did it, and it turned out great. Music week is always a hit or miss as to how enjoyable it is to be a part of it. Last year was incredibly stressful. We did Beauty and the Beast and I somehow got wrangled into helping design and make some of the costumes for about 70 people. It was nuts, this one however we had a lot of fun with. The cast was great, no divas... yay!!! And all of the technical staff, both paid and volunteer, got along very well. In total we dumped about 21 gallons of water on the stage every night... it rained anly twice during the show, once right before intermission and once during the finally. All in all I was kind of sad to see it go even though Matt and I aquired about 30 hours of overtime each that week alone. Next year, BRIGADOON!!

Testing out the Rain Stage, it works!!!!! I would have loved taking pictures during the actual performance but seeing as how I was so far away and running spotlight it just couldn't be done.


Pre-show view from the Spot bay, where I lived for 6 days running spotlight :)


Springtime in front of the Morrison Center... to accompany the Winter picture posted earlier.


This week we are working on Irving Berlins "I Love a Piano." Basically its a musical review of several of Berlins most famous songs. Pretty cute show.... I will post about how everything went later... way too much to write and its getting late. It will be entertaining, trust me. :)

0 comments: