Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Wonderful Find

I was digging through some bags of old pictures that was given to me to scan when to my surprise I found some wedding pictures I hadn't seen before including this one that just happened to bring a tremendous amount of tears to my eyes.

My grandfather and I dancing on my wedding day


I thought I didn't have one... and the ones I did were blurry and from quite a distance.
This was the one picture I kicked myself over and over and over for not getting. For as long as I can remember Grandad danced with all of his granddaughters at every wedding reception we ever attended. Although it isn't fair to my sisters, I consider myself incredibly lucky to have been the only one to dance with him on my wedding day, and I am happy beyond words to now have a picture to remember it by.

2 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

grandpas are the best. this brought tears to my eyes too.

i was the first grandchild where he wasn't at the wedding. it was so hard for me that day.

Becca said...

This is so special! What a great find!